Last Day of Bible Clubs
The phrase "Be Flexible" has certainly been appropriate for the Bible groups this year. Things are a little different each day. One day Raul the Spanish pastor told us that the van would not be available to ferry our workers to the site of the "Garage Meeting". Our workers for that site did not know where the garage was located because they had ridden there in the back of a van. Raul was mistaken the driver did show up to take them to the location and I followed in the bus so that I would know where they were in case I needed to go pick them up. The first day was too hot in the garage so they met outside. Ask them about the flies and bugs!
Thursday the van driver was about 35 minutes late in arriving because the van wouldn't start. I could now have driven them to the garage but the van driver was the only person in the group that spoke English so we waited.
Tuesday Marie's group that met in the community center of the trailer park was locked out of their room because the manager had not unlocked that day. One of the mothers opened her trailer for them to meet. It just happened to be one of the few homes that had air conditioning so they were thankful. Wednesday and Thursday was a little cooler here with clouds and some rain in the distance.
As I picked up each group today I heard stories of good times and tearful good byes. We know we probably will not see any of these people again but will continue to pray for them and remember our visit here on the East Mesa.

This group taught at a trailer on Rhonda Lane.

This group taught at the trailer park just off Three Crosses Rd.

This group taught in a garage on Benavides Rd.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home